Why Have A Thesis Statement In Your Essay?
It is very important that your essay should contain a thesis statement. The following list is comprised of all the points that make it essential to include such a statement in your paper that condenses in it the whole argument;
1. It lets you make an assessment of your ideas by filtering them into a sentence or two.
2. Writing a thesis statement lets you bring together the whole argument and also improve it along the way.
3. It provides the reader with the guide to see what the argument is about.
Generally having a thesis statement will achieve everything described in the above list if it provides an answer to the question you are supposed to address in your paper.
Making A Thesis Statement Without Having Any Topic Assigned
If you don’t have to write a paper on a topic that asks you a certain question you have to figure out the query you are going to address because your thesis statement must answer a question about something you had like to discuss in your paper. If you want to make it good then it must have the following four qualities.
- It should focus on any theme with which the sensible people would be able to say that they don’t agree to.
- It should deal with a theme which depending on the nature of your assignment should be such that it can be treated to a sufficient degree.
- The statement should be such that it focuses only on a single major idea of your paper.
- You should be able to give your opinion and declare proper conclusions about the subject being discussed in the paper.
Now it is time to see how we can form a thesis statement for a paper whose subject is social policies.
The thesis statement aims to summarize the whole argument in a few statements. It lets you test your ideas, organize them in a better way and provide the reader with a statement that acts as their guide in the argument. While writing it down you must think of it as an answer to the question being subjected to in the paper. Even if there is no question being asked you must think of the question you want to address in your paper. Your thesis statement should be able to discuss one main idea, declare your opinion of the argument, and deal with the subject sufficiently.