Avoid plagiarism is nearly all writers’ concern. But before you will be able to take essential steps to avoid plagiarism it will definitely help to get to know what this thing really is and why it must be avoided by all means. If you will have a full gasp of what plagiarism is, then it will definitely be a lot easier for you to take the essentials stops to avoid plagiarism for different reasons.
What Is Plagiarism?
Different sources both online and offline points out that plagiarism as the act of copying other person’s written work including his or her words and thoughts in certain topics as if it were their own. There are other serious definition of plagiarism that you can find online and offline. These are just a few of them: piracy, fraud, treachery felony among others. Worst is the fact that plagiarism is a criminal act punishable by law. As a writer, it is therefore essential to avoid plagiarism having all those negative connotations which can definitely ruin one’s credibility. Have you figured out how to avoid plagiarism?
Ways To Avoid Plagiarism
- Frame your paraphrase or quote – when it is necessary for you to use quotes either giving the proper source name in the starting of your paraphrasing or quote will help you get away with plagiarism this can also be done by inclosing the quotes in the parenthesis in the ending of the paraphrase or quote.
- Use the quotations marks for every direct quotes – it is an essential rule that you need to follow to avoid being tangled with the law for plagiarism.
- To ensure not being penalized for plagiarism it would be a lot better if you use your personal and own words when you paraphrase some sentence that you really need to use in your write up. In order to avoid plagiarism in this case it is a must that you use your own words to paraphrase it.
- When using some sentence or phrases from a reference book it is important to give proper page number of the original source right after the paraphrase or summary. However, it if is sourced through the internet you can do away with it.
- For citation “in-text”, it is essential for you to include it in your reference page so as to avid plagiarism.
These are just a few of the essentials steps that you can do to avoid plagiarism. You simply need to take note of these the next time you’re working on your next project so as to avoid plagiarism which could cause you lots of trouble. The secret is to ensure citing your sources so as to avoid plagiarism.
As a writer, it is therefore essential to avoid plagiarism having all those negative connotations which can definitely ruin one’s credibility. But before you will be able to take essential steps to avoid plagiarism it will definitely help to get to know what this thing really is and why it must be avoided by all means. The secret is to ensure citing your sources so as to avoid plagiarism. Have a full gasp of what plagiarism is, and then it will definitely be a lot easier for you to avoid plagiarism.