Essence Of Descriptive Essay
Descriptive essay is one of the many types of writing styles that provides a detailed description for a particular person, place and things. Descriptive essay is purposely created so readers can readily imagine its particular subject matter. There are many different ways of making a descriptive essay really effective. Here are some of them:
1. Imaginative language – this makes a descriptive essay really effective. The power of words is immeasurable if it is appropriately used. The art of playing with the most appropriate adjectives is the key for it.
2. Interesting comparisons – although the subject matter in a descriptive essay is pretty simple, it somehow becomes extraordinary using interesting comparisons. A classic example to this is the act of the writer to compare a simple Ferris wheel to a horrible creature.
3. Varied vocabulary - in order to make a descriptive essay really effective it is essential to use varied vocabulary. Although simple words will be suffice to get the message across, using varied vocabulary also makes an essay even more interesting. It further actives the imagination of the reader for them to come up with a vivid picture of the subject matter. Using a wide array of words in a descriptive essay is indeed effective in the sense that it does not only drive away the reader’s burden but also ignites their curiosity. As such this type of essay will definitely make the reader’s mind work to create a vision with its rich vocabulary.
4. Using the senses – another key to making a descriptive essay really effective is the use of appropriate adverb and adjectives that are pretty appealing to all the body’s senses. This is readily achieved if the writers have the ability to play with adjectives that are appropriate for each particular subject matter. For instance, instead of describing a simple smoking engine of the train, the writer can make it really appealing to the senses using extraordinary adjective. It will be a lot appealing to the reader’s sense if with this line: the train’s engine is breathing line dragon. Although it is written in rather complicated manner, it remains attractive for readers to reckon with as it is one better way of igniting their interest to become more focus on the subject matter of the descriptive essay.
5. Being organized – one of the most essential manner of making a descriptive essay really effective is to ensure that it is well organized. A descriptive essay should be well organized in order for it to be fully understood by the readers. It must have a concise introduction to provide the readers some sort of bird’s eye view on the subject matter. The body of a descriptive essay should therefore be composed of well written and detailed information on the subject matter of the descriptive essay.
Essay writing services (for example, www.cool-essays.com) can help you with custom descriptive essay writing. We recommend you to follow our free guide of descriptive writing.
So the article has laid out some of the essential ways to make a descriptive essay pretty effective for its readers. Using the appropriate adjectives that are truly appealing to the readers’ senses and making sure it is well organized are among the essential ways to ensure that a descriptive essay is well written and effective in its real sense. These should therefore be noted and must be taken with utmost consideration when writing descriptive essay.